Friday, August 1, 2008

Light, Dark and Grey?

This is something that got me thinking the other day. Generally there are only 2 factions in most games (WoW, WAR, CoH etc) and it seems like a KOTOR MMO game will go this way too (Light and Dark side of the force) but what if, just what if there was a third faction: Neutral?

On second thoughts, I dont like the term Neutral for my 3rd faction - it implies they're passive, so I'll use Grey for the purpose of my imaginary idea.

The light side are generally here to bring peace and unity to the galaxy, the dark side is trying to rule with an iron fist but the grey faction is out for themselves. They have no cares for the light side nor for the dark. It might consist of bounty hunters, illegal traders and gamblers, and any races that just dont care for the affairs of others like Tusken Raiders or Jawas. I'm sure there are a load of people out there who would love to play as a Jawa!

I dont know if you'd start off on a faction from the very beginning or if you would have to strive to work towards one and I'm not entirely sure how you would strive towards a faction that is by their very nature selfish?

Maybe these grey area races would simply be represented by a reputation system (in a simlar, but hopefully better manner as WoW) where the more you do for them, the more they like you and conversely the more you are against them, the more aggressive they become towards you.

So I just thought I'd throw this idea out there to see what you thought. It's probably never going to happen in the KOTOR universe and it may very well be a good thing, but hey, that's what blogging is for - to allow me to say whatever is on my mind! Go Jawas!

No comments: